Sections

Church of Gesu'

Built for the Jesuits in 1570 to the design ofthe architect Alberto Schiatti, the church has a simple and austere brick façade, divided into two sections and with three portals decorated with marble.
Church of Gesu'

The interior, lacking any wall paintings as the result of a fire, conserves a series of important works of art. On the left-hand wall of the entrance is the 15th-century work by Guido Mazzoni Mourning Over Christ. In the apse stands the monumental Mausoleum of Barbara of Austria, Alfonso II d’Este’s second wife, realised at the end of the 1500s by Francesco Casella. The bust of the duchess is apparently marked by great realism.

Related documents

Opening

Weekdays 8.30-11.30 
Sundays and holidays 8.30-13.00 / 16.30-18.00.

Price

Free entry.

Contacts

Ferrara - Via Borgoleoni, 56

Information office

Main Tourist Information Office of Ferrara

Ferrara
telefax 0532 212266

How to get here

On foot: 5 minutes from the Castle Estense
By bus: No. 1 and No. 9 from the train station, stop at Cavour Gardens (300 meters).
Accessible by car.
Google maps

last modified Oct 12, 2015 01:32
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information