Sections

Town Hall

The "sumptuous palace" of Copparo which was commissioned by Ercole II d'Este in order to offer his court a pleasant place in which living was built around 1540-1547 probably by architect Terzo dei Terzi.
Town Hall

The "Delizia" of Copparo was built on the ruins of the palace which was previously destroyed by Venice people (1509). The palace had a rectangular plan and had sumptuous room with frescoes by Battista Dossi and the Garofalo. In 1809 a violent fire destroyed the palace which in the meantime had been given by the Estense family to the Papacy and subsequently to the Barberini family. It was restored around 1878 and used as Municipal Residence.

Contacts

Information office

Main Tourist Information Office of Ferrara

Ferrara
telefax 0532 212266
last modified Oct 05, 2015 08:08
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information