Sections

Parish church of San Leo

The ancient church of Santo Stefano in Vicoaventino, was the site of the first Ferrarese diocesis.
Parish church of San Leo

The church of Voghenza was destroyed during Second World War and rebuilt afterwards. It is dedicated to San Leo, the thaumaturgist from Montefeltro. A legend tells us that on 14th February 1016 the Emperor Henry II was compelled to leave the sarcophagus with the mortal remains of the Saint in Voghenza, instead of bringing them to Spira, in Germany. The Emperor had obtained the relics from the Pope, as a reward for the victory against the Greeks, during a battle close to Rome.

Contacts

Voghenza - Via San Leo, 1

Information office

Main Tourist Information Office of Ferrara

Ferrara
last modified Oct 05, 2015 06:33
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information