Sections

Castle Lambertini

It was built on the order of the Lambertini family in 1475 and 1681. When the power of this family was overshadowed the castle was sold to the Community of the Poggio and today it is the Town Hall.
Castle Lambertini

The original gothic style was repeatedly renovated: in 1475 it was almost completely rebuilt, and the same happened in the 17th century and after the Second World War. At the end of the 19th century a new wing of eight metres was added to the north, to complete the façade that was asymmetrical. The floods of the 1950's caused serious damage to this wing, which was rebuilt by the Municipality.

Contacts

Poggio Renatico - Piazza Castello, 1

Information office

Main Tourist Information Office of Ferrara

Ferrara
telefax 0532 212266
last modified Oct 05, 2015 06:28
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information