Sections

Porta degli Angeli

The Porta degli Angeli was built in 1526, but was already included in the 15th Century design, at the bottom of Via degli Angeli.
Porta degli Angeli

According to tradition the last Duke of Ferrara, Cesare, exited through this gate in 1598, year of devolution of the city to the Papal State. In front of it an embanked arrow-shaped rampart was built in 1991 to replace the original one erected in the 16th Century to defend the northern part of the city and then destroyed in 1859. An elevated passage allows the rampart to be reached.

last modified Oct 19, 2017 09:16
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information