Skip to content. | Skip to navigation


Sanctuary of Celletta

The project of the church dates back to 1490. In 1607 it was transformed into a sanctuary by Marco Nicolò Balestri and Gian Battista Aleotti in 1606.
Sanctuary of Celletta

It was almost completely rebuilt in 1954 after war destructions. The church has an elliptical plan, with three entrances; inside eight columns mark the entrances and the altars. The main altar has a marble altar-piece with an immage of the Virgin Mary received into Heaven, attributed to Aleotti. The church retains the sepulchres of Balestri, Aleotti and of a famous scholar, Giovanni Mesini, born at Argenta in 1879.


Every day 8.00 -17.00


Free entry


Argenta - Strada Statale, 16

How to get here

In the outskirts of Argenta, along SS. 16 to Ravenna.

last modified Nov 14, 2016 11:37
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information