Sections

The Basilica Collegiata S. Biagio

The Basilica Collegiata di S. Biagio is Cento's main church.
The Basilica Collegiata S. Biagio

It was completely rebuilt between 1732 and 1744 by the Bolognese architect Alfonso Torreggiani. Its majestic bell tower is the work of Cento architect Pietro Alberto Cavalieri. Inside one can admire various paintings, among which an early work done by Guercino depicting San Carlo Borromeo in Prayer with angels (1614), The Transfiguration painted by Marcello Provenzali in 1606 and The Madonna with Saints (1659-60) by Benedetto Gennari.

Opening

TEMPORARY CLOSED

Contacts

Cento - Via Bassi, 47

Information office

Tourist Information Office of Cento

Cento
Piazza Guercino, 39
telefax 051 6843398
last modified Oct 15, 2015 07:58
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information