This was originally the garden of the Estense Palace, the park owes its name to the Pareschi, who bought the palace in the middle of the XIXth century, and replanted its garden, by then converted into allotments, in the "English" fashion.
The last owner of the palace, Count Vittorio Cini, gave the entire estate to the city of Ferrara in 1942, and in 1959 it became the new University administration building.
From October to February: 8.00-18.00.
From March to May and September: 8.00-20.00.
From June to August: 7.30-20.00.
How to get here
On foot: 10 minutes from the Este Castle.
By bus: urban line n. 1 from the Train Station, n. 1 or 6 from the Este Castle.
Sep 05, 2012 05:04