Water scooping plant of Saiarino and Museum of Land Reclamation
It is located at 300 m. from the town, on the street Cardinala, connecting Argenta to the village of Campotto. The plant was built during the great drainage works of the years 1915-1925, by the engineer Pasini. Saiarino was open in 1924, with the function of elevating low waters, conveyed in the canal Lograna and to be conveyed to the Canale Botte for high waters. It is owned by the Consorzio della Bonifica Renana, which carried out all the drainage works and still manages the water control of the area. The plant is built in fascist style: it presents large glass windows with iron grating and lighting in wrought iron, while the interior is covered in marble. It has 6 pumps to lift up low waters, which were the most powerful in Europe at the time the plant was built. Despite the age they are still working perfectly and they have never worked all together at the same time (only in some emergency the fifth pump was used).
Leaving the pump room, you can access the Thermoelectric Plant.
Tue-Sat 9.00-13.00 (Guided tours 9.00 - 11.00 only by previous arrangement).
Full 3,00 euro.
Red. 2,00 euro
How to get here
By car: motorway A13 exit Ferrara Sud; motorway Ferrara- Porto Garibaldi; exit SS 16 Adriatica direction Ravenna. At Argenta, turn right to Campotto and after 2 km turn right in via del Catino.
By train and bicycle: Ferrara-Ravenna-Rimini line (FS). Argenta Station, via Circonvallazione, about 3 km bike until the museum.